It seems silly to wave goodbye to 2012 and not welcome 2013. I can't really say I'm a fan of making new years resolutions, but I'm sure if you've had a little back track on my blog you'll know I am a fan of making lists, in fact I started this blog with my five year plan last August. So here's 13 for 2013 :
1. Work harder - Since moving in with Danny I seem to have lost any motivation to do uni work, in the past I'd have essays drafted with in a week of them being set and finished and proof read weeks before they're due in. I've suddenly hopped on normal student bandwagon and started leaving everything till the last minute and I just dont like it. I know I'll be super let down if there isn't at least a 2 when I graduate, I also know I'm capable of achieving a first class honours degree if I work hard enough. So get to it girl...
2. Get fit and healthy - This one's been a long time in the making but I've never really given it a dead line. At my biggest I was a size 22 and weighed 16 odd stone, I was surprisingly happy but now I'm at 14 stone something and a size 14ish and I'm not. Again, I know what I'm capable of and I know my body doesn't thank me for sitting about watching dexter all day. I enjoy going to the gym and I enjoy cooking. So instead of giving myself a target weight I want to be fit and healthy.
3. Keep a diary - Last year I got this 5 year diary and I've really enjoyed filling it in. It's only a few lines a day so it doesn't take long at all, I also like the fact it gives me questions I can answer, so I'm never stuck on what to write. It'll be amazing to look back on it in 5 years time and see how much has or hasn't changed!
4. Take more photos - I can hear some people laughing... I take too many photos as it is. I've always been fascinated by photography, this led to a foundation degree in photography and since I've hardly picked up my camera for purposes other than family parties and blogging. Not on.
5. Travel more - I've saved my butt off for this years adventuring. I'm off to Rio de Janeiro and Ilha Grande over Easter and my birthday, New York in summer, some cheeky european sunshine with boy in the summer holidays and then Australia over Christmas and New years. I'm going to love every second of it, I know I've earned it!
6. Know my limits - I guess this related to point 2 as well. No more silly nights drinking too much, it's not pretty and my body definitely doesnt appreciate it. Equally to not push myself with working too much (juggling 2 jobs and uni is hard!) or over doing it at the gym.
7. Keep saving - I've managed to save for all my adventures over the past 18 months, this means if I keep saving come graduation time I'll be well on my way to emigrating! wahoooo. It's also always nice to have a rainy day fund for trips to the zoo / cinema / dinner / new shoes/ new handbags...
8. Spend more quality time with Danny - Over christmas all we seemed to do was sit about watching Dexter. Now dont get me wrong I flipping love Dexter but there's 101 more exciting things we could have been doing. We've made a little list of things to do over the next year and I cant wait to get some done in between uni and all the travelling.
9. Go back to London - Tim Walker : Story Teller. Enough said. I also miss all my lovely London girls and the shops and the vibrant city buzz.
10. Sort out my wardrobe - Like every other girl on the planet I have way too many clothes. This year I embraced quality over quantity but I still have all that primark tatt left over and the 101 topshop dresses I buy on eBay for 99p and never wear...and the shoes.... time for a major sort out.
11. Some kind of adrenaline sport - I reckon Danny will help me out with this one, hello zorbing, paintballing or learning to snowboard again! Just something to get my heart beating faster...
13. Stay madly in love - Simple, 3 years and counting.
What're your goals for 2013?